Saturday, March 30, 2013

Glossybox - January


GlossyBox - January


This January the theme for Glossy Box was 'World of Beauty' and in Canada that theme is COLD.  So they chose their favorite moisturizing products of last year to feature in this box.



Wella Professionals Brilliance Leave-in Mousse
 (full size)

Another box, another wella product...  Who uses mousse anyways these days?  I have no idea what the point of this mousse is.  It is designed for coloured hair, but there are no detangling properties, and unless there is SPF in it for the sun what is the point?  Will this mousse actually extend the life of my hair colour…doubt it.  Boring!


Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme (teeny tiny)

A lip plumping serum designed to stimulate blood flow to promote fullness.  It does tingle upon application, but is totally bearable and gave my lips a healthy, rosy colour.  Light smell that reminded me of strawberries and although it felt like my lips might be the size of Angelina’s, I quickly was brought back to reality when I looked in the mirror. However, blushster also tried this and had a terrible reaction to her lips and hand area where she applied.  Needed the cortisone to calm it down but all is good.  Use with caution!



Burt’s Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion 25g

With 99% natural ingredients this is a lightweight body lotion with milk to nourish and honey to soften the skin.  I unfortunately am not crazy about the smell on my skin - more like sour milk on me, but it did do a great job at keeping me moisturized.



Nivea Essential Lip Care (full size 4.8g)

Jojoba oil and Shea Butter provides long lasting care and protects the lips from drying out.  I am a chap stick addict and like Nivea lip care products a lot.  I own a few different ones and this one will definitely get used.



Beauty so Clean Cosmetic Sanitizing Wipes – 12 packs

Convenient cosmetic wipes that are effective for sanitizing makeup that accumulates visible debris like dust, lint and food particles.  I love these wipes, and have been using them religiously.  I love a little swipe over blushes, eyeshadows, liners or lipsticks.  Easy to use and helps prevent bacterial contamination.  Every makeup lover should have these!



Vitabath Hand Crème – Fresh Citrus Twist 60g
Blushster received this in last month’s box, so maybe trying to get rid of stock?  This is a 20% shea butter hand cream with coconut, sunflower and sweet almond oil.  A light citrus scent that lasted all of two seconds.  Left my hands feeling soft but greasy so this will have to go in my nightstand for strictly a nighttime use.

Luckily, I have enough points in my glossy account for a complimentary box or sad to say this might be my last one.


No comments:

Post a Comment