Friday, January 25, 2013

Birchbox December


A look inside my December Birchbox

$10 US a month


Cartier – Baiser Vole Eau de Parfum

This has a single-note composition of pure lily and is an award winning scent.  It does have a nice warm scent but unfortunately there is no more room on my vanity for this one.  I just don’t love it.



Frownies – Eye Gels – 1 reusable set for 2-4 treatments
These are innovative under eye patches, which are soaked with cactus-derived collagen and toning niacin.  They deliver deep hydration for the under eye and eye lid areas.  One 30 minute treatment with eye gels smooths fine lines, wrinkles, under eye bags, dark circles, and helps improve tone.  The eye gels may be used more than once when removed within 30 minutes, placed back in tray and refrigerated in a sealed plastic bag.  Use 3 days in a row then maintenance once a week.


Juice Beauty – Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream 5ml

It’s time for CC…..just a few months after BB….is DD next?  Anyways, CC stands for colour correcting or colour control.  This is the first I have used of the CC creams. Olay supposedly has one coming out this month and Chanel has one as well in the US, but I hear it has a pretty hefty price tag at $90.  CC’s are supposed to be miracle products,  in that they conceal pigmentation better than BB’s, are great for camouflaging fine lines & wrinkles, hydrating, pore minimizing & restorative.  Guess we won’t need anything else but CC cream by the sound of it? Now, I have purchased the original CC by Rachel K from Korea and have not yet tried it, so I am looking forward to doing a full review of that.  For the mean time, I guess I will just have to settle with Juice Beauty’s version of CC.  I received Medium Glow which is suitable for medium to dark skin tones, however is NOT suitable for me!  Why did I take the time to fill out my questionnaire regarding skin tone if they don’t even take the time to look at it! Tough to sample when you look 3 shades darker and not in a good way.  Smell is way too strong for my liking anyways.  I won’t bother checking int he store for my shade. 


ModelCo – SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss – Strip Tease - full size

This is an Australian brand with subtle colour and a built-in mirror on the side of the tube that allows for easy on-the-go application.  Makes my lips look nice and smooth and is long lasting.  Has a light, fruity apple smell.  Will I repurchase?….maybe once finish my other 500 other lip glosses…..


Nick Chavez Beverly Hills – Advanced Volume Shampoo 59ml

Contains hyaluronic acid and keratin to build lots of body and shine.  Also has a fresh, clean smell that is very welcomed, after many drugstore brands are extremely overwhelming in the scent department.  Styling my fine, limp hair after first use was a breeze.   Thank you Nick Chavez Beverly Hills for making me look like I should be strolling around Rodeo Drive!


Cartier – Declaration d’un Soir (A Gift for the Birchbox Man)


A delicate mix of pepper, cumin and rose.  Beauty Man doesn’t mind what he wears as long as I like it but I don’t think this will be added to the rotation. 




1 comment:

  1. Oh yes please do a review on the Rachel K CC Cream !
    I have heard it is very good with a great coverage :)

    ReplyDelete