Thursday, January 10, 2013

Topbox November

A look inside my November Topbox
$12 a month CAD

4 deluxe samples per month delivered to your door.  Usually ships by the 10th day of every month.   Automatically renews itself every month, and you can cancel anytime.


Benefit – They’re Real! Mascara 30g
A jet black mascara with a great brush to really get to the base of the lashes to lengthen. I found it to separate evenly and at the end of the day I didn't have black mascara flakes covering my cheeks.  I definitely  like this mascara however, I have had great success with many drugstore mascaras for half the price.  The primer is where I have no problem splurging!


China Glaze – Full Size
I received the colour Jungle Queen from the On Safari Collection.  It is a beautiful dark purple colour and when I swatched it, it was a perfect dupe for Chanel Paradoxyl.  It was actually even more beautiful.  Side by side Paradoxyl seemed more taupe whereas Jungle Queen was a beautiful shiny dark purple.  I actually will choose this colour over the famous Paradoxyl for my next mani, and it's a fraction of the price!


Pari Beauty – Lip Paint (red) 4ml
Red, red....why red?!!??  A Canadian based makeup company which is new to me.  Can be bought at Pari locations across Canada and Sears.  Would definitely have liked a more subtle colour as catching me in red is like catching a two year old with a red marker….it’s everywhere!  Beauty Man actually asked me what was happening to my lips?  However, the texture of this ‘paint’ is exceptional.  Like a hydrating lipstick with an intense pigment.   Very moisturizing with a slight vanilla scent.  Will stop by one of their booths when I see them in the mall or next time I am walking through a Sears to check out their selection of lip paints.


Vera Wang – Lovestruck Floral Rush (EDP) .13 oz
A clean, fresh smell of apricot and champagne.  A great day scent but not for me.  Nobody could smell this on me after 30 min as it has no staying power.  

Topbox...I have mixed feelings about them.  This was a decent box given the China Glaze and the Benefit and lately they have been testing out some new programs for a limited edition 'Prive Box', so for the time being the subscription will continue but they will really have to dazzle me in the next few months to keep me on board!  And as always, you will be kept posted!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great reviews A Bit More Blush! Was thinking of trying this box will check back to see what comes this month :)

    ReplyDelete